Showers always give me food for thoughts. Yesterday, during my evening shower, I was thinking about post ideas and I realized I never talk about shopping here, which is yet one of my
weekly monthly activities. (If you are a man and you like shopping, don’t run away, you may find interest in my advice). Before I share with you my favorite stores in NYC, I thought it was a good idea to remind you the 10 commandments of a serial-shopper in NYC:
- Confortable shoes, you shall wear. Because you might have to walk miles.
- 5th Avenue, Herald Square and Broadway, on Saturday afternoon, you shall avoid. Keep in mind that stores are open 7 days a week until late.
- Full price, you shall not pay. Why spend $150 for a shirt at JCrew when it’s going to be at 50% off a week later?
- Your store credit card, you shall not forget. This Holy Grail could give you extra 10% discount. Or 20%. On the 50% original discount.
- To the sale corner, straight you shall go. Don’t get distracted bu the new collection. There is always a sale corner in the back.
- Your shopping strategy you shall build. Very important to avoid to get lost. And get home with 4 new moisturizers (all 4 are different, I swear), 2 dresses, 3 sweaters and a hairdryer that also straighten and curl your hair. And of course, the latest Apple product. I’ve experienced it, believe me.
- Lines at the fitting rooms, you shall avoid. Don’t waist time waiting when you can try at home and return everything that doesn’t fit.
- Overalls, you shall not wear. Not convenient at all when you try on clothes. You know, it’s such a pain to take it off!
- European brands, you shall not buy. It’s so expensive here!
- You bank account, you shall watch. It’s the consumer paradise here, so listen to your reason. Do you really need that Xth pair of sneakers and that dress? 😉
You’re ready to shop! Next step, giving you my favorite shopping places. See you!
And by the way, there is nothing in the bags, in case you wonder 😉
From New York, With Love,